Have a Question?
SUAlert & OPT-IN
Stevenson University has expanded its text messaging system for students, faculty, and staff.
Emergency Closing/Delay Guidelines
The safety of the Stevenson community is always our priority. Please review the guidelines linked below to be prepared for emergency closing/delay situations.
Now, when you sign up for SUAlert emergency text alerts, you can also OPT-IN for timely text messages about SU news, sports, student event updates, and information for resident students.
It's your choice: you OPT-IN for the text alerts that you want to receive. There are four text alert categories that you can opt into:
- SU News - information about University news and events.
- SU Resident Alerts - provides timely information relevant to SU students living on campus.
- SU Sports News - Mustang athletics event information.
- SU Student News - messages about student activities, enrollment and financial aid deadlines, and more.
At minimum, we recommend that you sign up for SUAlert in order to receive text messages about University weather closings or other SU emergencies. The frequency of these is rare but they are important.
Signing up is simple. Just follow the steps below.
- Make sure your cell phone/device is able to receive text messages and that your service plan supports receiving them. If you are unsure, please check with your phone service provider.
- You must have your cell phone/device present during sign up. The registration process will require that you to enter a 4-digit verification code that is texted to your phone. If you don't own a cell phone you can register for SU Alert and OPT-IN categories using your email address.
Ready to OPT IN?New User Sign Up
After you have enrolled in SU Alert and selected your OPT-IN text categories, remember you can change your SUAlert OPT-IN preferences at any time. You may also log into your account to add or change your cell phone number or an email address to receive text messages.
If you are already an SUAlert subscriber and would like to OPT-IN for Student News, SU News, or Sports News, sign in below:User Login
Use the prompts if you have forgotten your Username and/or Password.
OPT-IN to the categories that interest you, then make sure to check that your cell phone number and email address with which you first registered are still current.
Questions or technical problems, contact the Help Desk at 443-334-3000 (campus ext. 3000) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.